In line with our boutique’s expansion plans, we are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and creative new talent as Pastry Cook 3. Our greatest passion is people, and we are not only excited to hear of the value you can bring to us, but what is in it for you as well!
The overarching goal is to continuously enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty, and to grow and broaden our burgeoning clientele.
The Pastry Cook 3 is to prepare a variety of cakes, desserts, pastries or other sweet delicacies. Your skills and experience in baking high-quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new, amazing tastes and recipes to delight our customers, and set us apart from others.
The ideal candidate would be well-versed in culinary arts with a great passion for delicious creations. They must adhere to our strict health and safety standards to provide our clients with the best possible experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following recipes according to work sheets and order sheets;
- Follows proper handling procedures, and the correct temperature of all food products;
- Self-starter who demonstrates thought leadership to develop, design, and propose innovation to expand our customer and consumer proposition;
- Presents beautiful and exciting presentations by applying basic decorating techniques with icings, toppings, fondant, chocolate etc.
- Packs and stores semi-finished and finished products and ingredients correctly to maintain freshness and prolong shelf-life;
- Monitors inventory levels for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and purchases appropriate quantity within set budget;
- Delivers orders to customer promptly and accurately – excellent customer service attitude, attention to detail, and punctuality are key at every touchpoint with our customers and consumers;
- Checks quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used in cake preparation;
- Ensures high quality of finished products – look, taste, smell, and hygiene;
- Reports all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to the supervisor immediately;
- Owns, drives, and delivers suggestions for improvement will be much appreciated;
- Maximises productivity through efficient planning and carries out assigned tasks and responsibilities in an agile and timely manner;
- Calculates costing of recipes;
- Engages frequently with colleagues and supervisor to ensure smooth operations;
- Accepts and delivers any other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Self-starter, possesses positive attitude and good communication skills;
- Passionate about everything related to baking including latest trends in the food and beverage industry – and especially the baking sector – viral content on various social media channels, and current societal trends;
- Willingness to put in extra effort to fulfill customer orders and additional requests, within means;
- Great attention to detail and creativity;
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field(s);
- Relevant experience in similar and /or related roles will be an added advantage;
- Fluency in as many commonly-used languages and dialects in Malaysia to interact with our diverse customer base will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques;
- Knowledge of basic baking ingredients, and able to convert ingredient quantities for small and large batches;
- Excellent sensory abilities, making sure each offering is safe, prepared correctly and delicious;
- Flexibility (within reason) to work across a variety of shifts including weekdays and weekends, afternoons and evenings;
- Possesses a valid Malaysian Driving License (MDL).